Full resolution (901 × 676 pixels, file size: 463 KB, MIME type: image/gif, looped, 7 frames, 35 s)
Human Embryo Carnegie Stage 13
5mm Embryo appears as Carnegie Stage 13 from ectopic pregnancy.
- Embryo is enclosed in amniotic membrane.
- Larger cavity is chorionic space (coelom).
- Placental villi are visible on left of image.
- Stage 13 Links: Embryo and Placenta | Embryo | Embryo (label) | Embryo (animated) | Embryo (animated large) | Head region | Head region (label) | Body region | Body region (label) | Carnegie stage 13
- Week 4-5, 26 - 30 days, 3 - 5 mm, Somite Number 21 - 29
- Ectoderm: Neural tube continues to close, Caudal neuropore closes, forebrain
- Mesoderm: continued segmentation of paraxial mesoderm (21 - 29 somite pairs), heart prominence
- Head: 1st, 2nd and 3rd pharyngeal arch, forebrain, site of lens placode, site of otic placode, stomodeum
- Body: heart, liver, umbilical, early upper limb bulge
Image: Dr Steven O'Connor (Houston, Texas)
- Dr Mark Hill 2013, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||07:44, 12 August 2011||901 × 676 (463 KB)||S8600021||==Human Embryo Carnegie Stage 13== 5mm Embryo appears as Carnegie Stage 13 from ectopic pregnancy. * Embryo is enclosed in amniotic membrane. * Larger cavity is chorionic space (coelom). * Placental villi are visible on left of image. '''Stage 13''' * W|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
- Edit this file using an external application (See the setup instructions for more information)