Ultrasound - Fetal Heart Rate
The media player is loading...
Fetal Heart Rate from Ultrasound
This movie is a realtime ultrasound recording of the week 12 fetus using doppler to measure the fetal heart rate.
- The transducer is initially moved to locate the fetal heart (shown in the upper panel).
- The transducer is positioned to record through the heart and the changes in response to heart contraction are recorded in real time (shown in lower panel).
- A region in the recording that shows 2 sequential contractions is then identified and the distance between these 2 points can be used to calculate the heart rate (BPM, beats/minute).
- Note that at the end of this recording a large artefact generated by fetal movement during the recording.
Listen also the audio recording of an older fetus heart sounds Fetal Heart Sounds GA Week 17.
- Links: MP4 version | MP3 version | Quicktime version | Fetal Heart Sounds Week 17 | Heart Rate Development | Cardiovascular System Development | Ultrasound | Movies
- A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols
- Dr Mark Hill 2013, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G