Size of this preview: 800 × 301 pixels.
Full resolution (1,000 × 376 pixels, file size: 26 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Carnegie stage 20 to 23 (week 8) extracts showing upper and lower limb development (Images are not to scale).
Note that during week 8 for both limbs:
- more advanced development of upper limb at all stages (about 2 days).
- growth in overall length.
- rotation of limbs.
- towards the end of this week the more obvious elbow/knee, shoulder/hip.
- development of digits (fingers, toes) from digital rays.
- loss of cells by apoptosis between the digits.
- Dr Mark Hill 2013, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||10:01, 15 September 2009||1,000 × 376 (26 KB)||S8600021|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
- Edit this file using an external application (See the setup instructions for more information)