Human Embryo (Carnegie Stage 10)
- Scanning electron micrograph dorsolateral view of Carnegie Stage 10 embryo.
- Neural groove forming from neural plate on upper surface.
- large brain fold region to left of image.
- narrow spinal cord region to right of image.
- Heart bulge can be seen on lower ventral surface.
- Connecting stalk to the right of image.
- Amniotic membrane cut edge shown at edge of developing embryo.
- Links: vertical view | horizontal view | Carnegie stage 10 | Lecture - Early Neural | Neural System Development | Week 4
Image Source: Scanning electron micrographs of the Carnegie stages of the early human embryos are reproduced with the permission of Prof Kathy Sulik, from embryos collected by Dr. Vekemans and Tania Attie-Bitacha. Images are for educational purposes only and cannot be reproduced electronically or in writing without permission. Embryonic Development
Cite this page:
Hill, M.A. (2013) Stage10 sem2.jpg. Retrieved June 20, 2013, from http://php.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php?title=Stage10_sem2.jpg
- Dr Mark Hill 2013, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||12:27, 23 August 2009||1,000 × 590 (60 KB)||S8600021||Stage10day21somite4-5dorsolateralsem2v2.jpg|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
- Edit this file using an external application (See the setup instructions for more information)