File:Respiratory histology 14.jpg
Respiratory_histology_14.jpg (450 × 600 pixels, file size: 87 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Nasal Cavity Olfactory Region Histology
Olfactory epithelium cells
- Olfactory cells
- Sustentacular cells - located mainly in the superficial cell layer of the epithelium (difficult to distinguish from olfactory cells).
- Basal cells - identified by their location.
- Cilia are not visible
- goblet cells are absent from the olfactory epithelium.
- olfactory axon bundles (lightly stained, rounded areas) connected to olfactory cells.
- Bowman's glands - (small mucous glands, olfactory glands) function to moisturise the epithelium.
- Nasal Olfactory Histology: overview image | detail image | Smell Development | Histology | Histology Stains
- Respiratory Histology: Bronchiole | Alveolar Duct | Alveoli | Alveoli Elastin | Trachea 1 | Trachea 2 | labeled lung | unlabeled lung | Respiratory Bronchiole | Lung Reticular Fibres | Nasal Inferior Concha | Nasal Respiratory Epithelium | Olfactory Region overview | Olfactory Region Epithelium | Histology Stains
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||23:06, 28 February 2012||450 × 600 (87 KB)||Z8600021|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
- Edit this file using an external application (See the setup instructions for more information)