File:Respiratory histology 12.jpg
Inferior Concha Respiratory Histology
Inferior Concha, human
(Stain - Alcian blue)
(Stain - van Gieson)
Layers from surface epithelium to underlying bone.
- goblet cells
- ciliated cells
- basal cells
- connective tissue
- cavernous sinusoids - large spaces (empty or filled with red blood cells)
- glandular tissue - mucous glands (green) and muco-serous glands (brownish-green)
- Lamellae and osteocytes in lacunae.
- Haversian systems are rare or absent.
- Respiratory Histology: Bronchiole | Alveolar Duct | Alveoli | Alveoli Elastin | Trachea 1 | Trachea 2 | labeled lung | unlabeled lung | Respiratory Bronchiole | Lung Reticular Fibres | Nasal Inferior Concha | Nasal Respiratory Epithelium | Olfactory Region overview | Olfactory Region Epithelium | Histology Stains
Links: Histology | Histology Stains | Blue Histology images copyright Lutz Slomianka 1998-2009. The literary and artistic works on the original Blue Histology website may be reproduced, adapted, published and distributed for non-commercial purposes. See also the page Histology Stains.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||23:03, 28 February 2012||450 × 600 (88 KB)||Z8600021|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
- Edit this file using an external application (See the setup instructions for more information)