File:Human Embryo 17.8mm GIT.jpg
Human Embryo (17.8mm) Gastrointestinal Tract
Wax-plate reconstruction of the stomach, the duodenum and the pancreas. The model is represented somewhat ventrally, from the right side.
- A. du., antrum duodenale
- C., corpus gastri
- D. chol., ductus choledochus
- D. cysl.. ductus cysticus
- D. hep., ductus hepaticus
- D. panc d., ductus pancreatis dorsalis,
- D. panc. E., ductus pancreatis ventralis
- F., fundus gastri
- Oe., oesophagus
- Panr d , pancreas d o r d e
- Pam. v., pancreas ventrnle
- P. py , pars pylorica pastri
The embryo external appearance and dimensions suggest that it is a Carnegie stage 19 embryo (Week 7, 48 - 51 days, 16 - 18 mm).
Thyng F.W., (1914) The anatomy of a 17.8mm human embryo. American Journal of Anatomy 14, 31-113
A reproduction of figure 104, page 153 of “Laboratory Textbook of Embryology,” Charles Sedgwick Minot, edition of 1910, published by P. Blakiston’s Son and Company, Philadelphia. The American Journal of Anatomy, Vol.17, No.1 These drawings are based on studies of the Harvard Embryological Collection while he was in Minot's Lab in 1907-08. He was also an anatomist at Northwestern University Medical School.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||13:29, 4 August 2009||600 × 401 (38 KB)||MarkHill||Human Embryo (17.8mm) Gastrointestinal Tract Wax-plate reconstruction of the stomach, the duodenum and the pancreas. The model is represented somewhat ventrally, from the right side A. du., antrum duodenale; C., corpus gastri; D. chol., ductus choledoch|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
- Edit this file using an external application (See the setup instructions for more information)