- 1 Introduction
- 2 Some Recent Findings
- 3 Nutrition
- 4 General Statistics
- 5 Coronary Heart Disease
- 6 References
- 7 External Links
- 8 Glossary Links
This page links to the current online resources available to explore Brazilian population and birth data.
- Statistics Links: Introduction | Reports | World Population | World Fertility | World Infant Mortality | Maternal Mortality | Australia | Brazil | Canada | China | Germany | India | Indonesia | Europe | United Kingdom | United States | Australia’s mothers and babies 2009 | Australia’s mothers and babies 2008 | Australia’s mothers and babies 2007 | Abnormal Development - Australian Statistics | BGD Tutorial - Applied Embryology and Teratology | AIHW National Perinatal Statistics Unit | Category:Statistics | Category:Brazil
Some Recent Findings
|More recent papers|
References listed on the rest of the content page and the associated discussion page (listed under the publication year sub-headings) do include some editorial selection based upon both relevance and availability.
Gisele Maria Correr, Daiana Iwanko, Denise Piotto Leonardi, Lucienne Miranda Ulbrich, Melissa Rodrigues de Araújo, Tatiana Miranda Deliberador Classification of bifid mandibular canals using cone beam computed tomography. Braz Oral Res: 2013, 27(6);510-6 PMID:24346049 Silvana A Schellini, Camila T Ariki, Roberta L F Sousa, Daniel Weil, Carlos R Padovani Management of congenital nasolacrimal duct obstruction--latin american study. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg: 2013, 29(5);389-92 PMID:23924988 Mauricio de Almeida Cardoso, Renata Cristina Faria Ribeiro de Castro, Tien Li An, David Normando, Daniela Gamba Garib, Leopoldino Capelozza Filho Prevalence of long face pattern in Brazilian individuals of different ethnic backgrounds. J Appl Oral Sci: 2012, 21(2);150-6 PMID:23739865 Rafaela Rangel Rosa, Marcia Morato Janeiro, Samira Esteves Afonso Camargo, Carolina de Oliveira Tocalino Walter Porto, Eliane Maria Kreich, Joao Cesar Guimarães Henriques Radiographic study of patients with ectodermal dysplasia and partial. Indian J Dent Res: 2013, 23(6);801-5 PMID:23649067 Véronique Mirlesse, Isabelle Ville The uses of ultrasonography in relation to foetal malformations in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Soc Sci Med: 2013, 87;168-75 PMID:23631792
- 8% of infants with low birthweight, 2005-2009
- 96% of households consuming iodized salt, 2003-2009
Population 203,429,773 (July 2011 est.) country comparison to the world: 5
0-14 years: 26.2% (male 27,219,651/female 26,180,040) 15-64 years: 67% (male 67,524,642/female 68,809,357) 65 years and over: 6.7% (male 5,796,433/female 7,899,650) (2011 est.)
total: 29.3 years male: 28.5 years female: 30.1 years (2011 est.
Population growth rate
1.134% (2011 est.) country comparison to the world: 104
17.79 births/1,000 population (2011 est.) country comparison to the world: 109
6.36 deaths/1,000 population (July 2011 est.) country comparison to the world: 152
at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female under 15 years: 1.04 male(s)/female 15-64 years: 0.98 male(s)/female 65 years and over: 0.73 male(s)/female total population: 0.98 male(s)/female (2011 est.)
Infant mortality rate
total: 21.17 deaths/1,000 live births country comparison to the world: 93 male: 24.63 deaths/1,000 live births female: 17.53 deaths/1,000 live births (2011 est.)
Life expectancy at birth
total population: 72.53 years country comparison to the world: 124 male: 68.97 years female: 76.27 years (2011 est.)
Total fertility rate
2.18 children born/woman (2011 est.) country comparison to the world: 109
Data: The World Factbook Brazil
Coronary Heart Disease
Paediatric and congenital heart disease in South America: an overview.
- Ventricular septal defects - Surgical mortality with repair in infancy, mainly in the muscular septum, probably slightly higher in South America than in North America and Europe.
- Secundum atrial septal defects - trans-catheter closure is the preferred method of treating most patients.
- Pulmonary valve stenosis and atresia with intact ventricular septum - balloon pulmonary valvuloplasty for PVS.
- Aortic stenosis - balloon valvuloplasty.
- Coarctation of the aorta - children balloon angioplasty, adolescents and adults a trend towards the use of bare and covered stents.
- Tetralogy of Fallot - patients with severe hypoxaemia have a modified Blalock–Taussig shunt.
- Véronique Mirlesse, Isabelle Ville The uses of ultrasonography in relation to foetal malformations in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Soc Sci Med: 2013, 87;168-75 PMID:23631792
- C A C Pedra, J Haddad, S F Pedra, A Peirone, C B Pilla, J A Marin-Neto Paediatric and congenital heart disease in South America: an overview. Heart: 2009, 95(17);1385-92 PMID:19174420
External Links Notice - The dynamic nature of the internet may mean that some of these listed links may no longer function. If the link no longer works search the web with the link text or name.
- Brazilian Government IBGE - Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics | Infant Mortality in Brazil
- UNICEF Brazil
- The World Factbook Brazil
- A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2014) Embryology Brazil Statistics. Retrieved July 31, 2014, from //php.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php?title=Brazil_Statistics
- Dr Mark Hill 2014, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G